Call Our Team About Sports Mouthguards Today
· Prevent injuries caused by sporting activities
· Protect your teeth, gums, jaw, and brain
· Enjoy a comfortable, customized fit
· Experience protective benefits for many months
· Prioritize your smile!
Did you know that in Canada, sports-related injuries account for between 10-38% of all childhood dental injuries? Or that many of these injuries could be prevented by wearing a professional sports mouthguard?
A custom-made mouthguard made by a dental professional provides superior protection against oral and brain injuries and is essential for any young athlete.
There are many benefits of professional sports mouthguards, including:
· They can protect your teeth from being chipped, fractured, or knocked out entirely.
· They can help to reduce the severity of a concussion by absorbing some of the impact.
· They can also help to prevent other serious injuries, like a broken jaw.
What’s the difference between a professional mouthguard and an over-the-counter version?
A professional mouthguard is made from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand heavy impact.
It is also customized to fit your mouth perfectly, providing you with the best possible protection.
On the other hand, over-the-counter mouthguards are often made from lower-quality materials and may not fit as snugly or provide the same level of protection.
How is a professional sports mouthguard made?
The process begins with a professional dental impression of your teeth, which is used to create a model of your mouth. We’ll then use this model to create a custom-made and comfortable mouthguard that is specific to your teeth and jaws.
If you’re looking for the best possible protection for your mouth and brain, a professional sports mouthguard from Parkstone Dental in Sherwood Park will help. Call us today with any questions you may have!